Monday 11 February 2013

New York Fashion Week 2013 (Monday)

PoptropicaStars flew from Los Angeles to the other side of the nation, New York City, to experience a once in a week's year fashion extravaganza! The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week runway is the center of attention in the heart of Lincoln Center Plaza in this massive blizzard. Due to the buildup of several feet of snow in the northeast, PoptropicaStars's Southwest Airlines flight from LAX to LaGuardia was delayed two hours after former take-off time.

After arriving at the fashion show, PoptropicaStars met up with Ida Nolan, CEO of Violette brand, who employed Alis Henderson, the Fashion Fever (season 1) winner, as an assistant fashion designer.

During the fashion show, PoptropicaStars enjoyed the variety of simple patterns & designs, standout dresses, trench coats, and parkas Nina Skarra, Lela Rose, Bellavance, and Calla brought to the buyers' notepads. In the end, PoptropicaStars bid for a black hem & white Nina Skarra trench coat, but lost to another fashion buyer representative. She ended Monday proud with mild chills. Thus, she stays in her hotel room for the remainder of this week sightseeing New York City and exploring more creativity at Lincoln Center.
PoptropicaStars stands in front of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week sign at Lincoln Center.

18 comments:

  1. I really like PoptropicaStars's purple scarf and long-sleeved sweater, but SHE DIDN'T WEAR AN OVERCOAT?! :O Wow.... that's probably the biggest mistake she has ever made when it's below freezing in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why she didn't wear a jacket or something to keep her warmer. A scarf doesn't help that much, it only helps give warmth to your neck and throat. Not your entire body. I wish I was at Fashion Week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, PoptropicaStars! I'm hoping I can go on Friday because I wouldn't miss this event to the world, I hope I see PoptropicaStars there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, I wish I could survive the cold like PoptropicaStars does. How is she not freezing out in New York right now?

    Love the sweater by the way. It's so simple and casual. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lose the hairpin, it just looks unprofessional and childhish. :P Other than that, the sweater and high heels are spot on, but the skirt and confusing disappearance of an overcoat is just wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god! Fashion Week, I've longed for this week since January. I am super jealous PoptropicaStars got to go while flights are being canceled EVERYWHERE in my main city. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky PoptropicaStars. I am glad she enjoyed the fashion show. I would have gone, but my flight from Dallas was canceled. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this picture. The sweater is really casual, but why is there only a scarf instead of a parka? :P Isn't it cold in New York if it has almost 10 FEET of snow?

    ~ Kissy :*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't been here in about half a month and I'm really excited for Fashion Week. One of my most favorite weeks in the world. I can't wait until they feature Vera Wang and Squeeze! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PoptropicaStars isn't cold? How can that be? I love her sweater, but isn't she missing a parka? :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is, but she forgot to bring it (source proof on Instagram).

      Delete
  11. I really love PoptropicaStars's sweater. It's chic, casual, and a neat fit for the upcoming Valentine's Day. Her high heels are a little off key, but oh well. Nobody can be perfect in snow, especially cars, walking, and fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have loved to see PoptropicaStars wearing her parka to New York Fashion Week. I choose Lela Rose for the best designs and Nina Skarra as the best casualty. This picture although is missing a winter coat, it made my day better.

    Her magnolia sweater & knitted scarf combination is quite delightful and casual. The high heels don't really match with anything, but like what Brittany Menos explained, nothing is quite perfect (not even boot types) in snow. The skirt was okay, it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't a weak idea. Average I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for this. I am going on Thursday just to see Vera Wang and Badgley's new apparel. :D I hope I see PoptropicaStars there. <3 the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  14. PoptropicaStars in the snow without an overcoat, we should bow down to that. I doubt anybody is THAT brave fashion-wise. The scarf is an amazing touch to the entire outfit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not been here in a long, long time, but PoptropicaStars's outfit in this picture does not make much sense. How come she is not cold when there is snow everywhere. She didn't get frostbites, did she? :P The sweater and scarf combo is pretty neat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why is the background a real one instead of a Poptropican background? Just a question

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany Menos21 July 2013 at 20:37

      Probably because a Poptropican background is lame... O.o

      Delete