Tuesday 11 June 2013

Modestly Adventurous Advice On Pop-Topics

PoptropicaStars's face is smack dab on this week's Pop-Topics magazine cover. She has been really generous to give out two free summer fashion recommendations from the magazine article itself to this place, the blog. Here is what she had to say about rocking the adventurous look with a casual style.

SWIMWEAR:
"One of my favorite articles of clothing to wear for a beach party, Hawaiian luau or just plain relaxing on the white sands of Los Cabos would be the ever iconic swimwear. Of course, getting a modest look on a bikini top and bottom is very difficult to pull off. An amazing designer named Lisa Maree made this crocheted, one-piece bathing suit which caught my eye immediately. It is really comfortable to wear because of the main use of cotton and nylon in the piece. It has a tie halter which gives you a comfortable fit which does not stress your neck like some of my old two-piece swimwear I used to wear. It has a perfect blend of 'open-ness' and coverage which doesn't appear too racy like typical two-pieces or too modest like a tankini."

URBAN ADVENTURE:
"The summer urban look is really unique to me. To get the street smart style, at the same time, having a spike of Indiana Jones without long sleeves is quite challenging. While on vacation in say France or Japan you see people wearing their casual closet a lot of the times. There are the clubbers who wear fringes, thigh-length shorts and party jackets, then there are casual walkers who don a simple T-shirt and capris. You could have either of those styles with a bit of pizzazz whether adding a personal touch to the piece. They all give off an adventure feel; personality makes it yours. I am a casual traveler so a party jacket would be appropriate for me. Now, many of you may be shocked, but I really dislike glitter and sequins. Glitter has no meaning or appeal whatsoever. Sequins make a soft ruckus whenever you take a walk in them and it gets irritating. They just make a shiny mess of blah. A beige suede party jacket would work because of its lightweight and durability which is common in summer looks."
PoptropicaStars is on the June 10-16, 2013 edition of Pop-Topics magazine giving out tips on rocking an adventurous look without being a total skin-shower.

19 comments:

  1. UGh! x( Why can't PSFF2 release yet? It's been almost half a year. I'm getting restless!

    Anyways, I love PoptropicaStars's summer tips. The urban look is my style since I don't live near a beach and I don't have enough savings money right now to buy round-trip plane tickets to and from Florida at the moment. I give props to PoptropicaStars for disliking on sequins, I don't get what the heck they are good for. Why are they on every brand nowadays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany Menos11 June 2013 at 20:55

    Estelle and Jay, oh my gosh, they broke up. Who on Earth cares and who are they?! PoptropicaStars's fashion tips are always something to look forward to. I love the one-piece bathing suit look. I would definitely buy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone, cheer for me to get on PSFF3! :) Would really appreciate it... but I want PSFF2's next part now. :( The editors really suck at editing now if they are taking THAT long.

    PoptropicaStars needs a new photo for that magazine. Pop Topics are always too lazy to take photos of their interviewees. How disrespectful to Poptropican pop culture they are!

    Her recommendations are pretty thorough and cool though. I love them, especially the one where she says, "...personality makes it yours." Not many fashionistas say that and I love her just for mentioning that. Not everyone in the world is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Porschea Sonata11 June 2013 at 21:01

    Stop complaining, you're just making matters worse. I really like PoptropicaStars's advice on this types of stuff. Lisa Maree does import and make some of the best Australian swimwear. I totally would recommend and share this post with my female friends. It takes me back to the good ol' PoptropicaStars News times when the bloggers weren't stubborn and lazy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany Menos11 June 2013 at 21:02

      Now look who's complaining now? Last sentence, Porschea?

      Delete
    2. Porschea Sonata11 June 2013 at 21:03

      It's called a statement.

      Delete
    3. Brittany Menos11 June 2013 at 21:04

      And I call it a complaint.

      Delete
  5. I love this! PoptropicaStars is awesome!!! The tips are really useful to me, well the urban adventure part that is. lol Can't wait to have short-sleeved and capri fun in the city tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liana Williams11 June 2013 at 21:05

    The one-piece swimsuit is beautiful. I want to purchase it online. PoptropicaStars, you are the best celebrity ever! ^_^ Awesome analyses of summer fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The swimwear I can definitely relate to. The urban one, ehhh... not that specific. It's a little vague. Maybe because summer urban is a broader style than bathing suits.

    ~ Kissy :*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer Pisces12 June 2013 at 05:47

    I could really use some Fashion Fever drama and elimination right now. :( When is episode 5/part 2 going to release? PoptropicaStars's analysis on the swimwear is really good. Is that one-piece anywhere in stores? I hate buying online.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, another PoptropicaStars fashion tip, but I would like some update on Episode 5/Part 2 again like with Heidi's camera picture. My look is swimwear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle Flavia12 June 2013 at 05:50

    Neat, I can totally relate to the urban look PoptropicaStars described. I'm more of a casual walker than a party goer and, correction, a suede jacket would be great for both a clubber and a party goer. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! It's a shame Pop-Topics mostly uses old photos of celebrities than newer ones. How lame. PoptropicaStars can definitely talk the walk and walk the talk. I can don the urban look properly since I don't swim... at all. I live near the coast, but I prefer staying on land and dry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe it would be a great time to say when the next part of Episode 5/Part 2 will be releasing. -_- I too am getting a bit strained by waiting for almost half a year. The magazine article about her is good, but maybe something new would be acceptable for now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The urban look is my type of style. I live in New York, so of course the urban look should be my thing. lol

    REQUEST: Please release Episode 5/Part 2 ASAP! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Auburn Grounds12 June 2013 at 06:01

    I don't know, I think I would relate to the swimwear recommendation, but it would be so slutty of me to say that. Though, the urban look is too... modest for me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just read this on my way to work this morning. Not only are they the exact words for the swimwear and urban adventure look, she also includes summer footwear, sundresses, and accessories which can add more zing to those June pieces. However, I can kindly disagree with the sequins. I don't like glitter, but I like sequins. They are just disk-shaped beads like bracelets I wear. I don't see what a micro-noise can make.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why does Pop-Topics use the same old photos again and again? Their page editors are a bunch of junked up monkeys. PoptropicaStars's tips are gold for summer. Getting ready to buy that one-piece later today. :)

    ReplyDelete